- Description Client is primarily looking for a Vietnamese translator who is able to be in a commuting distance from Princeton NJ or Tysons corner VA. Let us know if you have any questions.
- Client would like our assistance in filling the following position: Client Creative Agency (within the Digital Solutions Organization) is seeking an experienced bilingual (English/Vietnamese) or (English/Mandarin/Cantonese) communications specialist to support a wide range of strategic programs across business segments. This specialist will be responsible for a variety of activities to ensure high-quality deliverables that meet our clients objectives.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Translate, edit, and proofread print and digital products from English into Vietnamese or English into Mandarin/CantonesePerform quality control of translations in Vietnamese or Mandarin/Cantonese from other linguists to ensure that linguistic and culturally appropriate materials are available to Limited English Proficiency (LEP) audiencesManage translation requests for Client customers to deliver quality products on time and on budgetCoordinate translation and alternate format requests with external vendorsPerform quality control reviews of materials translated in other languages (e.g., Arabic, Korean, Russian, etc.)Provide administrative support including requesting estimates, processing invoices, entering accruals, etc.Conduct consumer research and readability assessments with Vietnamese or Chinese audiences
- Requirements and Qualifications: Bachelors Degree in Vietnamese or Chinese, Journalism, Communications, or related field requiredMinimum of 3 years of relevant experience as a professional linguistAmerican Translators Association (ATA) certification preferredA native Vietnamese or Chinese speaker is strongly preferredFluency in Vietnamese or Cantonese/Mandarin and English (speaking, reading, writing) requiredExcellent editorial skills to ensure style, tone, grammar, and consistency according to requirementsAbility to communicate complex technical information in clear and simple termsStrong knowledge of Vietnamese culture and awareness of cultural, linguistic, and geographical variationsProven ability to apply knowledge and experience in a time-pressured, deadline-intensive environmentDemonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a teamExcellent interpersonal, communication, and facilitation skillsExperience conducting one-on-one cognitive interviews and focus groups preferredExperience managing vendor quotes, approvals, schedules, and invoicesExperience performing quality reviewsExperience providing administrative support and backup coverage to translation team leadProficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, and translation software tools (Preferably Trados)Availability to travel for purposes of research up to 30% of time
- Education: Bachelors Degree Translation Specialist
To apply for this job please visit click.appcast.io.