Support Specialist (Refugee Welcome Center)
Support Specialist, Refugee Welcome Center
Full Time- 9 hour shifts, 4 days/week
Our nonprofit organization provides opportunities for refugees, asylees, victims of human trafficking, survivors of torture, and other immigrants to thrive in America. Our Welcome Center provides a safe place to these people while we work with them to coordinate travel to their new home in the US. We are looking for a Support Specialist to join us!
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure clients have access to all services provided at the shelter including meals, bedding, clothes, and personal hygiene supplies as needed.
- Complete rounds throughout the shift, to ensure all services are running smoothly.
- Maintain a clean, safe, secure, and stable center; clean and organize the center and maintain child-friendly spaces.
- Assist with client intakes and orientation and support travel arrangements for clients.
- Answer client questions regarding Welcome Center services.
- Complete inventory of Welcome Center supplies and restocking for next day operations.
- Participate in all program meetings and fully engage as a member of the team.
- Comply with all policies, procedures and protocols
- Other related duties as assigned.
Education: High School diploma or higher.
· Prior experience working with refugee populations or asylum seekers is highly valued.
Demonstrated Skills & Competencies:
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Spanish speaking or bilingual ability in another client language (Brazilian, Portuguese, Haitian Creole, Punjabi, Russian) is heavily preferred but not required.
- Proven ability to contribute both independently and as a team member.
- Self- starter with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to multi-task, prioritize duties, and manage time effectively.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Good communication skills; experience in a multi-cultural environment preferred.
- Valid driver’s license, active insurance policy, access to reliable transportation and the ability to travel regularly throughout the service delivery area are preferred.
- In accordance with Arizona State Law, must possess or be eligible to receive a fingerprint clearance card.
- Must be able to work non-traditional hours, such as weekends, nights and holidays as needed.
To apply for this job please visit LinkedIn.