Summer Internship – Data Analytics
As FRA’s Washington, D.C. office grows, we are seeking a qualified intern with business, analytics, or computer science background to assist in our forensic data analytics team.
The intern will assist team members to perform the following duties:
- Assist with ETL procedures;
- Review and manage structured and unstructured data
- Inventory data received and record metadata
- Transform data using scripting languages such as SQL, PowerShell, C#, or Python
- Perform basic data imports into Microsoft SQL Server
- Validate imported data and perform preliminary data manipulation and analysis
- Interpret data from clients’ accounting systems;
- Create analytics and reports of results by working closely with the forensic accounting team;
- Design and build visualizations of analysis and observations to communicate findings;
- Contribute to research on trending topics, such as:
- Visualization improvements
- Machine learning
- Data science
- International compliance standards
- Data privacy laws
- Perform additional duties and special projects as assigned: we have a strong “family business” spirit and are looking for people that are willing to take initiative, be creative and be committed to any type of task.
- Pursing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or similar majors. Qualified candidates with other backgrounds will be considered.
- Basic familiarity with T-SQL and programming is strongly considered.
- Mandatory fluency in spoken and written English. Additional language skills (e.g., French, Portuguese, Spanish, German, Chinese, Russian, Arabic, etc.) are favorable.
- Strong logic and problem solving capabilities.
- Methodical, detail-oriented, innovative, and highly analytical.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Able to adapt quickly to new situations, prioritize workload, work independently or as part of a team, and travel when necessary.
- Complete proficiency in Excel and Word is mandatory.
- Preferred qualifications include:
- Ability to program in Python, C#, or other programming language skills
- Experience with SSIS, PowerShell, and/or VBA
- Experience working with business intelligence tools
- Knowledge of financial analysis techniques and methodologies
To apply for this job please visit app.applytojob.com.