Senior Engineering Project Manager
We are currently looking for Senior Project Engineer/Manager who can join our dynamic project management team. This position can work on site, and there are two projects to work on. The first is a $30M bridge project in Ukiah over the Russian River that is in construction. The second project is a multi-million dollar emergency bridge repair project in Ferndale where we are going to retrofit the existing bridge substructure.
We are looking for a person that is capable of thinking outside the box, understands multi staged construction projects, is detailed oriented with experience heavy civil construction. The position is a leader at the jobsite, and is directly accountable for the safety, financial performance, and team development on site. This position will integrate with the project team and either focus on structures work or roadway work depending on your strengths and desires. This position is responsible to build and maintain a strong relationship with the subcontractors, owner, suppliers and engineers.
Myers and Sons Construction, is a Heavy Civil Construction Company. The specializes in, Bridge Construction, Bridge Restoration, Roadway Rehabilitation, Water/Wastewater Treatment Plants, Concrete Bridge Overlays, Concrete Paving and Alternative Delivery Projects, including Design Build, CMGC, CMAR and Progressive Design Build throughout California and Colorado. For more information on our company please visit www.myers-sons.com
- Work On Site to help solve problems that occur during construction
- Partner with Project Superintendent in development of a project site logistics plan
- Maintain thorough understanding of the Myers contract with Caltrans
- Monitor project costs and Job Cost Report
- Analyze and forecast monthly Total Cost Projection reports
- Monitor project labor
- Lead the project’s quality process
- Develop, schedule and lead project teams on submittals, RFI's and Change Orders
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with the Designer, vendors, subcontractors and owners
- Implement all applicable Safety Programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or Engineering preferred
- 3+ Years of Experience in highly complex and related highway or structures construction projects in California.
- Experienced dealing with subcontracts, subcontractors and self-perform work
- Experience leading successful project team, including development of employee and maintaining relationships with external entities
- Excellent organizational, team management, problem solving, motivational skills
Myers & Sons Construction is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious beliefs, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability or protected veteran status
To apply for this job please visit LinkedIn.