Senior DevOps Engineer
We’re TradingView, the largest social network and charting platform for traders and investors – used by 30 million users each month in over 180 different countries. One of the most popular websites on the internet (literally), millions of people turn to TradingView each and every day to help make more informed investment decisions that impact their financial future. We’re backed by top American venture capital firms, raising over $300M to date, with team members in 40+ countries around the 🌏 – speaking 20+ languages – and we’re growing in a big way.
Our platform is constantly gaining popularity, and therefore the load on services is growing, so we have a wide range of tasks for experienced DevOps Engineers to help with! We looking to build a brand new DevOps/SRE team in London - a high-performing team of senior engineers that can use their knowledge and experience to improve, extend and scale our global DevOps/SRE systems and applications. We are looking for demonstrable expertise in improving and developing infrastructure and independence in solving problems.
Please note that you will need to be able to speak Russian for this role.
What you'll be responsible for:
- Being technically very hands on and diving into code as required;
- Providing technical leadership and delivering in strategic DevOps/SRE related projects;
- Automating everything that can be automated 🙂 CI/CD (Jenkins), containerisation (Docker, Ansible);
- Planning and developing infrastructure (IaC - Infrastructure as Code);
- Optimising network performance. We have remote servers and hundreds of microservices;
- Improving our tools and tech stack so that services work in High Availability mode.
- Advanced knowledge of Linux, able to work with the console;
- Deep knowledge of cloud technologies (AWS, GCS, Azure);
- Understanding of the operation of the OS and networks;
- Drive to automate everything! Able to write scripts in Bash, Ruby, Python or Perl;
- Knowledge of networking - understand the principles of operation of TCP / IP and HTTP protocols;
- Be able to configure networks: *nginx, Haproxy, Bind, IPtables, stunnel, OpenVPN.
Would be a plus:
- Ability to programme in Python, Java, Go, C/C++;
- Have experience with Docker containers, Kubernetes orchestrators, Docker Swarm etc.;
- Be able to work with Amazon cloud services: EC2, VPC, S3, Route53, SES. Know API for automation;
- Set up tools for monitoring and configuring servers: Zabbix, Puppet, Monit, Scribe, Prometheus etc.
2 stage process