Senior Data Scientist
As a part of Creative Research team, you will work in the intersection of game development and data science areas. Your role will be to deliver state-of-the-art Machine Learning solutions for our game development processes.
The ideal candidate won’t just help us to increase our analytical tasks but will bring a new knowledge and experience to the team – including your experience across Reinforcement Learning or Deep Generative Models.
As a subject matter expert, you will be working in close collaboration with game teams to identify, prototype and implement solutions to change the game production and player experience.
We are looking for a new team member with strong interpersonal skills and a combination of analytical skills, intellectual curiosity and accountability.
Analyse data and apply researching, designing, implementing, and deploying full-stack scalable data analytics vision and machine learning solutions to challenge various business issues.
Prepare analytical reports in a simple, understandable way for a business or technical audience. Develop specifications for created models for further automation.
The ideal candidate is intelligent, sharp, detail-oriented, and highly quantitative individual with a passion for gaming, data modeling, analysis, and working with cross-functional teams.
What will you do?
- Design, prototype, and implement advanced machine learning algorithms to help improve player experiences. Work with engineering team to implement robust processes in real time;
- Frame and conduct intricate analyses and experiments using extremely large, complex (not always well-structured, highly variable) data sets, analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns;
- Create statistical models that provide insights and direction for overall game feature design and level design;
- Develop tools and processes that will help data scientists and stakeholders more efficiently generate data insight through our very rich game data;
- Check and debug any data-related issues to ensure accuracy and data integrity;
- Build automated data flows;
- Work in close collaboration with game teams to identify and prototype projects involving Machine Learning features;
- Research, implement and improve Machine Learning solutions to improve our game production processes or players experience;
- Collaborate with other data scientists and engineers to industrialize Machine Learning solutions into innovative products and business processes;
- Review relevant academic and industry research to identify useful algorithms, techniques, libraries, etc. Monitor latest Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence trends and cutting-edge technics to leverage them on our projects;
- Collaborate with worldwide and local stakeholders to share ideas, best practices and methodologies;
- Present information using data visualization techniques to both technical and non-technical team members.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (applied mathematics, statistics or data mining);
- Ability to work with both structured and unstructured data;
- Experience with Reinforcement Learning or Deep Generative Models, and other state of the art techniques;
- Knowledge of probability theory and mathematical statistics;
- Working knowledge of clustering, discriminant and regression analysis, time series analysis and other data mining and machine learning algorithms;
- Hands-on experience building and implementing predictive models using machine learning algorithms and tools solving regression and classification problems;
- Working knowledge of Python programming language;
- Advanced knowledge of SQL;
- Teamwork experience;
- Intermediate or higher level of English.
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Experience in game development industry;
- Experience with Tensorflow/Pytorch, numpy, scipy, cuda;
- Experience with other programming languages (R, C++, C#, etc.);
- Experience working with big data;
- Experience with cloud data/data processing services;
- Working knowledge of BI tools, BA tools or DWH;
- Advanced data visualization skills;
- Experience in creating analytical reports in English and Russian.
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 5,500 employees and 18 offices spread worldwide. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include the free-to-play hits World of Tanks and World of Warships, as well as World of Tanks Blitz — the critically acclaimed mobile tank shooter with cross-platform support.