Senior Buyer – Warehouse & Distribution
Location: Czech Republic (preferred) or Poland
Novartis is unable to offer relocation support for this role:please only apply if this location is accessible for you.
About the Role:
As Senior Buyer for Warehouse & Distribution, you will support the implementation of Warehouse & distribution category strategy and annual category plan, deliver projects and initiatives, and execute supplier performance and innovation; to support the Warehouse & Distribution category leadership with the day-to-day activities.
- Support the development of the Warehouse & distribution category strategy and annual category plan, as required by the Global Category Lead.
- Implement sourcing business plan for area of responsibility.
- Deploy actions within W&D category, support the development of category targets, and deliver savings targets where appropriate.
- Support the aggregation of all category level data across divisions to inform the top-down target setting process.
- Support the collection of supplier, market, category and internal business information at both the category and sub-category levels and assist the coordination of materials for supplier segmentation processes,.
- Supports the tracking and documentation of risk and issue management for the category.
- Facilitate contract management and execution (in SAP Ariba). Supplier negotiations when needed.
- Understand applied practice, concepts and process in one or more procurement disciplines (e.g. category management, negotiation, contracts, systems and processes, project or information management).
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
- Minimum 3 years (preferably more) in multinational Procurement organizations.
- Proven experiences with Warehouse & Distribution category.
- Minimum 3 years (preferably more) of prior experience in Operations Management and Execution Project Management.
- Proven stakeholder management skills.
- Negotiation experiences.
- Proven Contract management experiences.
- Fluent spoken and written professional English are a must. Fluent Russian and/or Polish are an advantage.
- Experiences from Pharmaceuticals industry.
- SAP Ariba experiences.
Why Novartis: Our purpose is to reimagine medicine to improve and extend people’s lives and our vision is to become the most valued and trusted medicines company in the world. How can we achieve this? With our people. It is our associates that drive us each day to reach our ambitions. Be a part of this mission and join us! Learn morehere: https://www.novartis.com/about/strategy/people-and-culture
You’ll receive: You can find everything you need to know about our benefits and rewards in the Novartis Life Handbook.https://www.novartis.com/careers/benefits-rewards
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams' representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network