Sales District Manager, Houston, TX
District Sales Manager, Houston, TX - Far Niente Wine Estates, Luxury Wine Producer
Founded in Oakville, California in 1885 and restored in 1979, Far Niente is consistently recognized as a benchmark producer of Napa Valley Chardonnay and Oakville Estate Cabernet Sauvignon.
Join our Company which is rich in history and stature.
Our team is expanding to support our growing portfolio. Working within the Houston, Texas market, the District Sales Manager will oversee sales operations to ensure the attainment of established sales, financial and distributor objectives.
You will be successful in this role while performing these essential responsibilities:
- Provide sales management and coverage within the Houston, Texas market.
- Build upon existing current distributor and key account relationships to gain access and exposure.
- Responsible for developing annual sales plans for each market to ensure that case and distribution objectives are met.
- Maintain up to date knowledge on competitor information, product placement and market trends to set up pricing and sales programs that drive sales.
- Manage price point objectives within an annual financial budget including managing all distributor charge backs, budgets, and invoices.
- Develop and manage sales incentives and support programs to ensure achievement of annual objectives.
- Manage and facilitate allocations of wines for distributor network.
- Attend industry events, tastings, and wine dinners as a representative of Far Niente Family of Wineries.
Our organizational culture is built upon a strong foundation of shared commitments:
- Demonstrates ownership of job responsibilities through focus, determination, and attention to detail.Works to elevate the performance of their team.
- Works as a member of a highly functioning team.Maintains professional and respectful dialogue with peers to collaboratively identify positive outcome.Communicates regularly and provides support and mentorship.
- Displays trust in their actions, having the confidence to know that we are all working for the benefit of each other.
- Creates an environment where their team is encouraged to bring forward ideas for improvement and ways to increase efficiency. Is personally open to new ideas and positive change.
- Stives to elevate their performance and that of their team.Is nimble to the changing needs and priorities of the organization.
- Represents the organization professionally through effective communication and follow through.Serves as a role model for their peers and colleagues, values difference and strives for understanding.
- Shows care and responsibility for the resources that have been provided to them and aids in our efforts for social responsibility and being environmentally conscious.
- Demonstrates integrity, honesty, and fairness in their interactions, working towards achieving personal achievement rather than public attention.
- Assists their team in achieving the best outcomes.Demonstrates pride and provides relevant expectations and accountability.
You will be qualified for this role if you met these requirements:
Reside within Houston Texas
Have established networks and relationships.
Previous experience of 5 years in a related position in the wine industry with similiar scope and oversight.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, or similar field.
Strong verbal, written and negotiation skills.
This position, requires:
Full body mobility.
Ability to ascend and descend stairs.
Ability to lift to 45 lbs.
Valid driver’s license and motor vehicle report
More about our Story:
A dedication to winemaking in its highest form, paired with a focus on house style, vineyard ownership, social responsibility and legendary hospitality, has established Far Niente as one of the world's great wine estates and provided the foundation for growth of our other varietals.
Over the years, five exceptional wineries have been proudly added to the Far Niente Family of Wineries and Vineyards: Established in 1989, Dolce is the only American winery dedicated to producing a single late harvest wine. Our second Oakville winery, Nickel & Nickel, focuses on 100-percent varietal, single-vineyard wines from some of Napa Valley’s finest vineyard appellations. In 2007, we launched EnRoute, which is committed to crafting focused, textured Pinot Noir from the Russian River Valley. Bella Union specializes in creating a single Cabernet Sauvignon from carefully selected Napa Valley vineyards. And our latest launch, Post and Beam, represents craftsmanship, tradition, legacy and purity in winemaking.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
To apply for this job please visit LinkedIn.