We are currently seeking a full time preschool teacher to work with children 18 months to 3 years old. He/She will work closely with other teachers and the director to plan and implement a developmentally & age appropriate play-based child-centered curriculum.
Candidate will be energetic, displaying a professional demeanor at all times, self-starter, well versed in early childhood development teaching techniques and must have the ability to lead and assist in classroom management.
- Interacting with children ages 18 months - 3 years old
- Prepare and implement age appropriate curriculum
- Effective and professional communication with staff and parents
- Work closely with staff members in the development and implementation of a comprehensive and developmentally appropriate play-based child-centered curriculum
- At least 18 years of age with a high school diploma or GED required
- 12 ECE units completed required (courses: Child Growth and Development, Child Family Community, Curriculum theories methods and materials. If applying for an Infant/Toddler position the Infant/Toddler care class is required as one of the curriculum courses. *Transcripts will be required at time of hire.
- CDA or higher level of education required
- At least six months of experience working in a childcare setting: daycare or preschool required
- Demonstrated knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices (DAP) required
- Pediatric CPR & First Aid certificate
- Mandated Report training certificate
- Sexual harassment prevention training
- Pesticide Management training certificate in the school and child care settings
- TB tested
- MMR and Tdap
- Strong classroom management skills
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Nurturing and caring personality
- Dependability and flexibility to meet needs of school
- A.A./B.A. degree with an emphasis on Early Childhood Education preferred 2+ years experience
- Bilingual in Cantonese, Mandarin, Spanish, Tagalog, Russian, or any other language
- Ability to sing, dance, teach yoga or play a musical instrument
- Artistic - ability to teach drawing, painting, sculpting, etc.
- Athletic - ability to play and teach one or more sports
Benefits: For full time employees only
- Excellent Paid Days off Package
Job Type: Full-time
Seabird is an equal-opportunity employer
We currently adhere to all required safety protocols during COVID for child care centers
Work Remotely - No
To apply for this job please visit LinkedIn.