Manager, Freight Operations
Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you’re looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
As the Manager, Freight Operations, you will be responsible for the direction and management of the daily operations of a Service Center, including supporting customer relationships, overseeing revenue, profit, and cost controls, and ensuring safety, service, and quality measures. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. On our team, you’ll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Handle the efficiency and effectiveness of the delivery service provided to our customers
- Guide the complete daily operations of the Service Center
- Oversee revenue, profit and cost controls
- Ensure proper staffing, utilization and management of personnel
- Mentor and manage all personnel working at the facility
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- 4 years of related work experience
- Supervisory or management experience
- Experience in the Less-than-Truckload (LTL) industry
- Experience with hazardous materials regulations, OSHA and Department of Transportation (DOT) rules and regulations
- Bachelor's degree, 4 years of related work experience or equivalent military experience
- LTL freight management and/or service center/management experience
- Experience driving a forklift
- Strong interpersonal and management skills; ability to effectively lead, coach and influence employees
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to present clean, organized and thorough information and data appropriate for intended audience
- Lift up to 50 lbs. frequently and greater than 75 lbs. occasionally
- Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel
- Work outdoors in inclement weather
- Walk and stand for extended periods of time on a loading dock that is not climate-controlled and may be slippery
Annual Salary Range: $84,644 to $105,831. Actual compensation may vary due to factors such as experience and skill set.
In addition to base salary, employees may be eligible for a sign-on bonus, annual and long-term incentive awards, and an equity buyout award. This is an incentive-based position, which may include bonuses, incentive or commission plans.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills for this job classification.
Review XPO's candidate privacy statementhere.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.xpo.com.