We’re in the business of Good
Lions Clubs International is the largest service club organization in the world. Our 1.4 million members are serving locally and globally to help take on some of the biggest challenges facing humanity.
Every Lion and club are supported by our international association. More than 300 Lions International staff members are constantly working on tools and technology to enhance Lions’ service. When caring people join together, roll up their sleeves and take action to make their community better, it’s an incredible feeling for everyone involved.
Here's how you can help. We are currently looking for aGerman Translatorto join our team and rise to the challenge of empowering service.
The translator is responsible for translation of publications and daily correspondences from English to the German, and vice versa, with speed and accuracy. This position will also provide interpretation support from English to the German, and vice versa The translator will also provide linguistic-based customer service, including executive-level board support to our members.
What You’ll Do:
- Translation of correspondences and publications which would include handling voice over and subtitling in language required for the association’s media productions.
- Simultaneous interpretation at the board meetings, international convention, seminars, and other meetings as well as providing assistance at the executive level
- Handling of administrative duties, such as processing of reports, award issuance, record keeping,and additional administrative duties as assigned
- Assisting other divisions and departments with their language needs.
- Provide association staff and volunteers with cultural expertise
- Conducting headquarters tours for non-English-speaking visitors
- Performs other responsibilities as assigned.
We’re Looking for Someone With:
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a 4-year college or university (preferably from home country) or equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum of 2 years translation experience, past interpreting experience preferred
- Excellent command of English and native ability in German
- Familiarity in history, culture, tradition, etc., and up-to-date knowledge of life in language region.
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
Lions Clubs International has excellent benefits for you and your family. We believe in a balanced work-life and have programs and benefit plans to support our employees, such as:
· Three weeks paid time off plus time off for volunteering
· Flexible and hybrid work schedules
· Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans
· Flex spending accounts for medical and dependent care
· 401K with employer match
· Reimbursable training
· Casual dress
Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the core of who we are. Diverse and inclusive teams have a positive impact on the work we do, and we know that having varied perspectives helps generate innovative ideas to solve complex problems in an ever-changing world.
Lions Clubs International Is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit app.applytojob.com.