GCE A Level – Russian 2017 Specification – Principal Examiner
Reference: GCE/PE/RussianClosing date: 06 September 2023 at midnightRole Responsibilities
- To produce a paper / respond to any amendments or suggestions
- To set / approve questions and mark schemes - demonstrate the specification’s content and assessment criteria has been met in the question papers (may take the form of a grid). To ensure its content to be clear and fit for purpose.
- To attend the Question paper Evaluation Committee meeting (QPEC) and produce a final draft and sign off paper.
- To ensure final question papers meet the specification content and assessment objectives.
- To ensure parity of standards across optional questions and question papersmonitor the marking standards of all examiners (including Assistant Principal Examiners, Team Leaders and Examiners), ensuring accuracy and consistency throughout.
- To monitor the standards of examiners, advise on their appointment, training and reappointment.
- To attend the awarding meeting, advice on mark ranges for the grade boundaries.
- To submit an evaluation report on performance of the question paper.
- You will have assessment experience up to Team Leader level in the relevant qualification
- You will have experience of teaching the relevant subject and level
- You will have experience of managing people.
- You will be a good communicator
- You will have sound organisational skills
- You will have the ability to work well under pressure
- You will have the ability to meet deadlines.
Is any industry background required?Not necessarily but must have experience of maintaining standards of teaching/marking quality in the subject area within schools/colleges/FEApplication Information We have a number of opportunities available for teaching professionals to join our growing teams of examiners, moderators and verifiers.