Cisco Network Engineer
Note: Only Locals and W2 Consultants are eligible to Apply
Title:Network Systems Engineer - Senior
Description:Network Engineer Senior
Temp -hire contract ( W2 Position)
1st round with manager - Teams
2nd interview - In Person tech interview
LOCAL CANDIATES ONLY
*We are seeking a Network Engineer that possess LAN/WAN Routing and Switching Knowledge but also has a specialization in Palo Alto Firewalls*
Client is looking for an experienced Network Engineer with strong Route/Switch and Firewall Administration experience. This role will be part of Global Network Team, delivering architecture, implementation, and support services to the Enterprise's global network. Managing and supporting major components including but not limited to:
Cisco Systems routers, switches, WLC and wireless devices
Cisco ACI Data Center Infrastructure
Palo Alto Networks Firewalls and Cato Networks SASE/SDWAN branch infrastructure
Aruba Wireless and ClearPass Network Access Control (NAC)
F5 Load-Balancers LTM and GTM
Other utilities include: TACACS, Aruba ClearPass, Tufin FW automation, Solarwinds Orion, Extrahop, and Infoblox IPAM
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Primary responsibility will be Design, Discovery, and Implementation support within the Client Network. Support the International/Domestic, On-Prem and Cloud based Firewall infrastructure with an eye to redesign and simplify the architecture.
2. Perform support of LAN/WAN connected hardware components such as Switches, Routers, Load Balancers and Firewalls. This involves upgrades, timely resolution of failed components and configurations which cause unavailability of our core business systems and communications.
3. Participate in, and represent the network teams interests, in architecture discussions and decision processes stemming from other technology areas.
4. Responsible for root cause analysis of problems & production slowdowns and will use network tools like protocol analyzers & network management software to help make these determinations & recommend short- & long-term resolutions.
5. Participation in technical group projects to provide networking related support and keep abreast of new developments in networking, systems, and automation technologies with a focus on Cloud based systems.
6. Contribute to providing new solutions to improve processes relating to increased productivity, network availability and value-added end user technologies.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Education: Bachelors degree required.
Experience:10+ years IT experience, with at least 5 years LAN networking experience specializing in Network Implementation, troubleshoot and resolving complex network communications issues. This includes hands on experience managing multiple LANs over WAN serving a minimum of 1,000 users using PCs and other Ethernet devices. At least 4 years of WAN experience including the use of point-to-point VPNs, MPLS and coordinating circuit installation with vendors. Emphasis on Cisco, Palo Alto, and Aruba network components. The candidate will be expected to demonstrate this knowledge in a working environment during an interview.
Certification(s): CCNA required.Desired: CCNP; Palo Alto, Checkpoint or other Firewall certification; other networking related certifications & course completion certificates.
1. Keen understanding and practical knowledge of IP, Network Security, Network Management platforms, and routing/switching necessary for supporting the production environment.
2. Working knowledge of WireShark or other brand name protocol analyzers as well as Netflow collection and analysis. Understanding of debugging techniques such as analysis of dump files, tracing, performance tuning, and monitoring required. The candidate will be expected to demonstrate this knowledge in a working environment during an interview.
3. Strong design and operational knowledge of Firewall software such as Checkpoint, and Palo Alto along with their associated management platforms such as Panorama for Palo Alto.
4. Strong design and operational knowledge and understanding of Software Defined Networking and Cloud computing concepts and architecture.
5. Working knowledge & experience supporting Wireless Networks.
7. Microsoft Windows experience from a networking/protocol perspective is required to assist in minimizing risk in implementation changes.
8. Working knowledge of network management platforms such as Solarwinds Orion, Cisco DNA, or equivalent.
9. Working knowledge of MS-Visio®. The candidate will be expected to demonstrate this knowledge by showing and explaining maps that they created for previous work or projects.
10. Proficient oral and written communication skills are required to effectively communicate with operations and other technical groups for training, troubleshooting and problem resolution closure, as well as keeping network documentation current. Additionally, the candidate should be able to communicate to end users and effectively convey recommendations that end users can understand and implement.
11.Advanced abilities in Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
12. Ability to speak a foreign language such as Spanish, Mandarin, or Russian may be helpful, but not required.
To apply for this job please visit LinkedIn.