CAT III Linguist
*** This position is contingent upon contract award ***
SOSi is currently seeking Linguists in support of a large language services contract. The program supports USSOCOM elements, units, and task forces in the CENTCOM AOR, but these positions are based in CONUS.
The following languages and/or language combinations are required: Arabic, Arabic/French, Cyrillic, Kurdish/Arabic, Mandarin, Pashtu, Pashtu/Dari, Pashtu/Dari/Farsi, Amharic, Arabic/Somali, Arabic/French, Fulani, Somali, Pashtu/Urdu, Arabic/Farsi, Farsi, Kurdish/Kurmanji, Russian.
- Linguists shall have basic typing skills and be familiar with MS Office products including, PowerPoint.
- Linguists shall have the ability to provide idiomatic translations of non-technical material using correct syntax and expression from the foreign language to English, and vice-versa.
- Linguists shall have the ability to conduct consecutive, accurate interpretations of ongoing conversations and/or activities.
- Linguists shall have the familiarity with and ability to conduct oneself per the local culture and customs.
- Linguists shall be able to deal inconspicuously with local populace.
- Linguists shall be willing and able to live and work in harsh environments, to include living and working in temporary facilities as mission dictates.
- Linguists shall have the ability to serve in a combat zone
- Linguists shall have the ability to function effectively and efficiently during extended periods of high pressure and stress as required by SOF.
- Linguists shall have the ability to function as integral members of a team of highly trained professionals responsible for the safety and security of U.S. forces, U.S. and foreign dignitaries, and facilities/resources.
- Category (CAT) II, and III Linguists shall have the ability to operate a Government-furnished light or medium mobility vehicle in support of operations. Individuals shall possess a valid State-issued Driver’s License. The Government will provide vehicle-specific training on-site, as required.
- JSOTF requires CAT III linguist services for performance in various locations within CONUS with short-term deployments OCONUS. These positions may require deployment, usually for no more than 135 days per year, to a forward JSOTF element. These positions are subject to change based on operational needs and shall be requested subject to the following:
- All CONUS based linguist positions will require additional vetting, screening, and security.
- Travel: CONUS based linguists shall have the ability to frequently travel Worldwide with minimal oversight and guidance to third country sensitive meetings. Linguists shall have the ability to travel in support of signature reduction activities. Linguists shall have the ability to coordinate travel and work with sensitive operational elements in support of operational meetings.
- CONUS based linguists shall have more advanced technical/computer capability in utilizing Unit specific special software programs and systems.
- CONUS based linguists shall have the ability to provide idiomatic translations of technical material using correct syntax and expression from English to the foreign language, and vice-versa. Linguists shall have the ability to write operational reports and other specialized documents in conjunction with operational element.
- CONUS based linguists shall have the ability to work cross cultural, religious, and ethnic divides.
- The Government may require a certain number of CAT III linguists to receive training in special skills. These may include, but are not limited to; parachuting, rappelling, fast roping, and other insertion/extraction techniques. If required, the Government will provide any required special skill training.
- Active in scope Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility.
- A minimum of two years of experience is required.
To apply for this job please visit careers-sosi.icims.com.