Business Intelligence Expert
Job Title: Business Intelligence expert
Type of contract: Freelance
Duration: Initially 5 months with possible extension for 4 years
Workplace: Remote in near-site location (Not be further than 2 hours’ drive from Brussels)
Daily Rate: €450/day
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Client: European institution
Closing Date: 24 May 2023
DESCRIPTION OF THE TASKS
- Creation and maintenance of Enterprise Data Warehouses (EDW) and complex Business Intelligence Solutions;
- Designing architectures both on the cloud and on premises (whether hosting or cloud on-premises) or combination of both (hybrid);
- Designing, testing and implementation of ETL processes;
- Design and development of online analytical data processing (OLAP);
- Data analysis and data modelling;
- Data virtualization;
- Physical DB design and performance analysis;
- Design of Data Quality and Health Monitoring processes;
- Elaboration of test programs;
- Writing of technical documentation and user manuals;
- Assistance with deployment and configuration of the system;
- Participation in meetings with other project teams.
- Master degree of 5 years.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Excellent knowledge of data warehouse design & architecture.
- Excellent knowledge of relational database systems applied to data warehouse.
- Knowledge of several business intelligence technologies. (cloud-based is an advantage)
- Strong expertise in data warehouse and (big) data (structured and unstructured data).
- Excellent knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL.
- Excellent knowledge of business intelligence reporting tools.
- Excellent knowledge of ETL tools, preferably SAS and SAP BODS.
- Excellent knowledge of modelling tools.
- Excellent knowledge of online analytical data processing (OLAP) and data mining tools.
- Strong expertise with Object Oriented programming, and/or Python would be an asset.
- Expertise within data integration and data security
- Ability to give business and technical presentations.
- Ability to apply high quality standards.
- Ability to cope with fast changing technologies used in Data and Business Intelligence.
- Very good communication skills with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Analysis and problem solving skills.
- Capability to write clear and structured technical documents.
- Ability to participate in technical meetings and good communication skills.
- Capability of integration in an international/multicultural environment, rapid self-starting capability and experience in working in team;
- Ability to participate in multilingual meetings;
- Ability to work in multi-cultural environment, on multiple large projects;
- Excellent Team Player;
- Ability to understand, speak and write English C1, French CI will be an advantage.
- At least 5 years of specific expertise in SAP BO (min. competence level 5).
- At least 5 years of specific expertise in Business Intelligence Platform (min. competence level 5)
- Web Report Studio,
- Information Map
- Studio, Enterprise Guide,
- Add-on Office.
- At least 5 years of specific expertise in SAS Data Integration (min. competence level 5)
- SAS® Data Integration Studio, SAAS® Dataflux Data.
- Management Studio & Server.
CERTIFICATIONS & STANDARDS
- SAS® Data Integration Development.
To apply for this job please visit LinkedIn.